- This event has passed.
November 3, 2022 — Arnaudville, LA — Act 292 & *Management Training – W/WW
November 3, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm CDT
1. Attendance will be limited
2. First Come, First Serve Basis
3. Pre-registration is Required
4. Masks will be provided and you may or may not be required to wear them depending on Governor Edwards' ruling at the time
5. If pre-registered and cannot attend, please be considerate and call to cancel
291 Guidroz St
9:30am – Sign-in/Registration
10:00am Introductions and Workshop Objectives
10:15am — Session 1: Overview of Key Management Areas – Presentation
- Presentation of Key Management Areas
- Group Discussion: Other Important Management Areas for Sustainability
10:45am – Session 2: Utility ‘Self-Assessment’ Exercise
- Explain “Sustainable Management Self-Assessment” (5 minutes)
Participants Conduct Self-Assessment (25 minutes)
- Rate utility achievements and rank management priorities
- Plot results: achievements vs. priorities
Table Discussion Among Participants About Results (25 minutes)
- Where is your utility strong? Why?
- Where is there the most room for improvement? Why?
- What are your areas of focus?
- Why is performance low?
- What are the commonalities and differences among table participants’ achievements, priorities, and challenges?
11:40am — Session 3: Plenary Discussion – Self Assessment Results – Working thru Lunch
- Tables Report Results of Assessment (30 minutes)
- Synthesize Results (35 minutes)
12:45pm Session 4: Table Exercise – Improving Outcomes
- Each table completes an improvement worksheet for one low achievement/high priority management area.
- Discussion Questions:
- What will constitute “high achievement” in this management area?
- What changes will the utility need to make to improve performance?
- How could you track your performance progress?
- What will be the biggest challenges to performance improvement?
1:30pm Session 5a: Plenary Discussion – Practices, Tools, and Measures: Results
- Tables Report Findings
- General Discussion of Findings
2:15pm Session 5b: Plenary Discussion – Practices: Results
- Synthesis of Table Discussion Results
- Local Assistance Available in Key Management Areas
- Presentation of Additional Tips, Tools, and Measurement
- Reflections: Key Lessons Learned and Near-Term Steps
- Discuss System Management Improvement Plan
3:00pm Customer Service/Relations
3:30pm Session 6: Feedback Session (Participants Complete Workshop Evaluation Form)
- Are these the right management areas, and how to improve?
- Is self-assessment useful, and how to improve?
- Are tools and tips useful, and how to improve?
- Are measures useful, and how to improve?
- Overall rating of format, flow, presenters, etc.
All presentations will be conducted by Rusty Reeves & other LRWA Staff unless otherwise noted.
*Management Training – As outlined in LAC 48: Part V. 7707-7719
“As a part of meeting the managerial capacity requirements, all appropriate staff of existing public water systems shall attend a training session provided by the state, its contractors or the state recognized trainers for board members, council members/mayors/owners, etc. Management training for all board members/council members/mayors/owners of existing public water systems will be based on whether their water system has been issued an administrative order, and/or is on the significant non-complier’s list and/or has had primary MCL violations during the past three years. The department will continue to encourage attendance on a voluntary basis at management training sessions by board members/council members/mayors/owners of other public water systems. Training sessions shall be provided periodically and appropriate parties as noted above will have the opportunity to attend one of the scheduled sessions within six months after the system has been notified that is it being evaluated for technical, managerial, and financial capacity.”
Please note: LRWA Training Sessions are a “Fire Arm Free Zone”
This seminar involves training at an off-site facility which is neither owned nor controlled by LRWA. Registrant acknowledges that LRWA and its employees do not assume responsibility for the condition of the off-site facility nor guarantee the safety of registrant at the off-site facility. Registrant agrees to hold LRWA and its employees harmless from all claims for injuries arising from conditions present at the off-site facility.