DHH Operator Certification Info
*If you click on items in blue, it will bring you to websites/links*
Operator Certification Information
Please visit La Department of Health and Hospitals (DHH) Certification Department website for valuable information regarding operator certification, contact information, and links to the following.
- Frequently asked questions regarding operator certification
- Operator Certification Publication, Exam Applications, Certificate Applications, etc.
- Internet Links for Associations, Online and Correspondence Courses
- Committee of Certification Information
- Education and GED’s
- Safe Drinking Water Training Videos and Presentations
- Ethics Training Information
- Operator Certification Rule
- Water and Wastewater Need-to-Know
- List of Approved Operator Classes
- Operator Exam Schedule
- Exam Results
- Credit Hour Report
Operators have through December 31, 2015, to receive re-certification CEU hours for the 2014-2015 time period. Please see below the credit hour requirements set by DHH Operator Certification office.
Credit Hour Requirements
- The Rule states that, “a minimum of 16 contact hours is required for renewal of any certifications held in water categories or 8 hours per certification whichever is the greater.” If you hold one (1) certification, you are required to have 16 contact hours for re-certification every two (2) years. If you hold two (2) certifications, you are required to have 16 contact hours (8 per category) for re-certification every two (2) years. If you hold three (3) certifications, you are required to have 24 contact hours (8 per category) for re-certification every two (2) years.
- The Rule states that, “a minimum of 16 contact hours is required for renewal of any certifications held in wastewater categories.” If you hold one (1) certification, you are required to have 16 contact hours for re-certification every two (2) years. If you hold two (2) certifications, you are required to have 16 contact hours (8 per category) for re-certification every two (2) years.
Louisiana Ethics Education Mandate
Ethics Education Mandate-According to R.S. 42:1170, all public servants, as of January 1, 2012 during each year of his public employment or term of office, as the case may be. According to R.S. 42: 1102(19), “public servant” means a public employee or elected official. Section 1102(18)(a) states a “public employee” means anyone, whether compensated or not, who is: (i) An administrative officer or official of a governmental entity who is not filling an elective office. (ii) Appointed by any elected official when acting in an official capacity, and the appointment is to a post or position wherein the appointee is to serve the governmental entity or an agency thereof, either as a member of an agency, or as an employee thereof. (iii) Engaged in the performance of a governmental function. (iv) Under the supervision or authority of an elected official of another employee of the governmental entity.
Louisiana Ethics Administration Program-View the attached link for training schedule for Ethics Education Courses. Louisiana Board of Ethics, PO Box 4368, Baton Rouge, LA 7082, Phone: (225) 219-5600; Fax: (225) 381-7271.
LRWA no longer sells the California Manuals. You may purchase them directly using the links below.
LRWA provides our water and wastewater utility members with the highest quality of leadership, representation, and support services.
LaWARN: Utilities Helping Utilities
We would like to remind everyone of LaWARN (Louisiana Water/Wastewater Agency Response Network): Our mission is to support and promote statewide emergency preparedness, disaster response, and mutual assistance matters for public and private water and wastewater utilities. The LaWARN program provides its member utilities with a LaWARN Mutual Assistance Agreement. Click the LaWARN Brouchure or visit our LaWARN page for more information regarding this vital program.
ADVERTISE WITH US
If you'd like to advertise in the 2014 LRWA Membership Directory, simply download the Naylor Media Kit for complete info.
FORD FLEET PRICING
Attention LRWA Members! We have current Ford Fleet Information available. Please contact our office for additional information.